3 LBS of meat. I usually look for the leanest London Broil I can find. I have also used Elk which is delicious as well.
2 cans of DR. Pepper
2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
4 TBSP Kosher Salt
4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Onion Powder
- Slice beef thinly against the grain.
- Slice Jalapenos to the same size thickness as the meat.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place meat and jalapenos in mixture and refrigerate at least overnight or up to 2 days stirring occasionally
- Preheat Smoker to smoke setting. I like Hickory or Mesquite.
- Remove meat and jalapenos from mixture and pat dry.
- Transfer meat to smoker grate and place jalapeno on top of meat strip.
- Smoke for approximately 2 hours or until done to your liking depending on thickness.
- Remove jerky from smoker and place in a gallon Ziploc bag but do not seal immediately. This will keep your jerky moist.